Mental Health Nursing department is at the forefront of Research, Education and Practice, which improves the mental health and wellbeing of both individuals and communities. The department takes initiative in fostering and strengthening the quality education to the students and committed to prepare them as efficient community and mental health nurse
The department of psychiatric Nursing aims to impart quality education in the field of Mental Health Nursing to undergraduate and postgraduate students by providing evidence based Nursing Care for Mentally Ill patients in the focus on promotive, Preventive and Rehabilitative aspects
- To develop positive attitude in care of mentally ill patients
- Give the highest quality of care by applying psychiatric nursing approach
- Collaborate and coordinate with the multidisciplinary team in the hospital and in the community for the promotion of mental health
- To develop a skill in history taking and mental status examination
- Develop communication skill
- Create awareness about the problems of individual at different developmental stages
- Prepare the students to become nursing leaders who will work as efficient professional nurses in the Psychiatry Hospital.
- Effectively participate in the college developmental activities.
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Puducherry
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences , Bangalore
- Dharward Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Dharward
- Sacred Heart Hospital, Kerala
- Athma Institute of Mental Health and Social Sciences, Trichy
- Baby Sarah Home Integrated Rehabilitation and Development centre (IRDC) Ariyankuppam, Puducherry
- Fraternal Life Service Home, Puducherry
- Bharath Matha Deaddiction Centre, Ariyankuppam, Puducherry
- Dhanvanthri Institute of Mental Health Home, Ariyankuppam, Puducherry
- Conducting Psycho-education and interactive sessions for inpatients and family members
- Structured program for Rehabilitation in De-addiction centers residents and inpatients of Psychiatry ward.
- Rally’s, skit, psychodramas and various competitions observed during World Mental Health Day, World Suicide Prevention Day and World Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- Regular Outreach programmes in the schools and community.
- Regular Continuing Nursing Education / SAF / Panel discussion / Workshop / conference for departmental growth.
- Attending professional development programmes.
- Adolescent Counselling sessions in Kasturba Gandhi Nursing College, Baby Sarah Home, Bharat Matha Deaddiction Centre, and Joevi School, Puducherry
- emotional stabilization
- conflict resolution
- career guidance
- personal hygiene
- menstrual hygiene
- self protective measures
- sex education
- sleep hygiene
- slow learners
- Counselling session in Fraternal Life Service Home for Mental Illness in Ousteri and Dhanvantri Institute of Mental Illness
- Individual , Family and Group Counselling
- Therapies to all centers (Baby Sarah Home, Bharat Matha Dead diction Centre, ,Fraternal Life Service Home for Mental Illness in Ousteri and Dhanvantri Institute of Mental Illness and Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
slideshow coming soon...
MOU’s ( our partners and collaboration)