NURSE PRACTITIONER IN CRITICAL CARE
NURSE PRACTITIONER IN CRITICAL CARE (NPCC)
NURSE PRACTITIONER IN CRITICAL CARE (NPCC) course of Kasturba Gandhi Nursing College, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth is recognized by Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council (TNNMC) Indian Nursing Council (INC). The NPCC program is a Nursing residency program with a main focus on Competency based training. The duration is of two years with the curriculum consisting of theory that includes core courses, advanced practice courses and clinical courses besides clinical practicum which is a major component. NPCC at Masters Level is intended to prepare registered graduate Nurses to provide advanced nursing care to Patients who are critically ill.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife of any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The Minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Must have scored not less than 55% aggregate marks in the B.Sc. program
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing preferably in any critical care setting prior to enrolment.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in INC recognized Institution.
The best of the most experienced senior faculty in the grade of Professors and Asst. Professors in Nursing with M.Sc (N) qualification who are really helping them to practice the theoretical knowledge in the clinical settings. More emphasis will be made on bedside training rather than theoretical classes.