DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
About the Department
Community Health Nursing is one of the clinical specialty in the nursing profession. Community Health Nursing department provides the service to the public with a variety of activities that make community and primary health nursing come to life. The department creates a natural learning environment that facilitates all-round development for learners and is responsible to the needs of the individual, family, and community in rural and urban settings.
Department of Community Health nursing believe, accept and recognize
- The essential dignity and worth of the individual.
- The possession by individuals of potentialities and resources for managing their own lives.
- The importance of freedom to express one’s individuality.
- The right of the individual to help in times of need and crisis.
“Reach the unreached”
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of community health nursing concepts, philosophy, principles, and practices.
- Realize the importance and techniques of epidemiological approaches for solving community health problems.
- Develop skills in identifying the health needs of the individuals, family, and community and demonstrate skills in providing comprehensive family health care using available resources.
- Demonstrate skills in programme planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Develop the ability to function as a member of the community health team and initiate positive change in the health care system.
- Integrate aspects of promotion of health and prevention of illness in the community.
- Anganwadi Training Programme.
- Telephonic Nursing.
- Department of Community Health Nursing works in collaboration with various other organizations in the conduction of health camp and special health programmes in SBV- adopted villages.
- Department of Community Health Nursing joins hands with the Government of Puducherry, in Kosapalayam and Kirumampakkam Primary Health Centre for various health activities including Polio camps and Source Reduction programmes.
Thrust Areas & Research